Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Question of Defense: 2014 Seahawks vs 1986 Bears?


(image credit)
Reference: Is Seahawks' Defense Greatest Ever?

How does Seahawks D compare to Bears D, especially in that SB-winning season (1985-1986)? 
Skip picked 85 Bears. Had to give him props for that! Lol
Yep, I do hope the Seahawks are not one-and-done like our Bears were, unfortunately.
Right? Hopefully not.
Well, it'll be a while before Bears get to the SB, so I'm just going to enjoy the Seahawks until then. It'll take time for Trestman to crack the code of the Seahawks D.
Me too for sure. I enjoy the NFL. I'll always enjoy great football! 
Yep, I love the Bears, but I'm a football fan in general. 
85 Bears no question. That defense drubbed everyone all season long. Offenses didn't go into games thinking they could win, they went in afraid. 
I may be biased on this subject but for me it's the 85 BEARS. The Seahawks are very good and even display some flashes of brilliance but I think their place in defensive history is still to be determined. ...
Rob, I'm biased, too. I saw many of those games, and have videotapes of their Super Bowl run. Sean, Exactly. QBs had the vaunted 46 staring them in the eyes, and they were deer-caught-in-the-headlights from the get-go.
So did I. .And I totally agree with you. . Growing up in Chicago was the BEST all those great memories. ...
DL- Hartenstine, Hampton, McMichael, Dent.
LB - Marshall, Singletary, Wilson.
CB - Frazier & Richardson (the only questionable)
S- Duerson & Fencik 
Good grief, what a lineup! With that defense Culter could have won a Super Bowl with Knox, Earl Bennett and me playing wideouts.
That's right, people called him LA (Lazy Ass) Richardson, because he seemed to be the weakest link. I don't remember if Fridge started at the beginning of the season, but Buddy slid Hartenstine to the bench (probably at Ditka's demand).

Oh, man, 2013 offense (2nd only to Broncos) + 1985 defense = SB, for sure! Emery & Co. have a decent window in which to fix the defense and make the team contenders.


Thank you for reading, and let me know what you think!

Ron Villejo, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment