Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Devin Graham Goes Awesome Extreme Sports




Ever since I was a little kid I was borrowing my parents cameras to get the shot that no one else could... That resulted with several cameras busted.... I have continued this passion ever since! There was never any other option, it was destiny.true love :)
Reference: Adventures of Devin and other short stories.

Devin Graham was that little kid, and is now the filmmaker behind these just.freaking.awesome videos.  What the guys and gals do makes me want to do it, too.  Plus, as an aspiring filmmaker myself, I want to shoot videos the way he does as well.
“For the most part I’m a one-man crew,” he said. “I do everything but the music. Depending on what I’m filming, if I need other camera guys I’ll bring in other people.” 
According to Graham, finding the right subject is the easiest part of the process. What distinguishes the blockbuster videos uploaded to devinsupertramp from similar subjects that can’t get even 500 views is his painstaking attention to detail. “I take ideas that generally already exist and make them better,” he said. “I’m a perfectionist. I’ll put in 60, 70, 80 hours to edit a video and most people aren’t willing to do that.”
In fact, capturing the crazy, physical stunts that have become a hallmark of his films isn’t nearly as demanding as the time Graham puts in behind a computer screen. “What people don’t know is that most of the time, I’m at my computer editing. That’s the most physically draining thing.”
I thought spending 8 - 10 hours editing a 10-minute video was labor intensive, but Graham clearly hauls ass when it comes to tedious time spent in front of the screen.




You know you have something very special going, when even your behind-the-scenes videos go viral.  

Thank you for reading and watching, and let me know what you think!

Ron Villejo, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment