Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stanley Cup Post-Game Home Pages


Like many fans, I used to collect local newspapers, loose articles, and  Sports Illustrated, following a championship run:  from football and basketball, to cycling and hockey.  I'd buy multiple copies of the issue for their front page.

Ah, those were the golden days.  Now, virtually everything-sports I collect are of the electronic format:  videos, photos, box scores and links.  These are my keepsakes.  These are my mementos.

So the following are screenshots from the home page of major sports sites I frequent, in the first two hours after that thrilling Game 6 victory for the Hawks.

NHL Network
ESPN
CNN Sports Illustrated
Comcast Sports Net Chicago
WGN TV
Chicago Sun Times
The following are home pages from the ensuing days, after the championship game.

Photo, courtesy of tadpole p
CNN Sports Illustrated
Chicago Sun Times
Chicago Sun Times
Chicago Tribune
Sports Illustrated
Toronto Sun
Thank you for reading, and let me know what you think!

Ron Villejo, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment