Friday, May 24, 2013

What Yogi Berra Said, What the Blackhawks Said


"It ain't over til it's over," I commented on a post in the Chicago Blackhawks Fans community on Google+.  I knew it was Yogi Berra who said it, but I wanted to find out more "yogi-isms."  Many of the quotes I found were really apropos, in a tongue-in-cheek way, to the ridiculous, dire situation the Hawks are in:  The President's Trophy winner, on the brink of elimination by the 7th seed Red Wings!

So I just had to make a video:


Here are the slides from the video:


Joel Quenneville and company stared at a third consecutive defeat by the Red Wings (image credit)
Seriously, though, the Hawks do have a good chance of winning tomorrow night at the United Center.  Despite their miscues, unraveling and bad luck, they're still a great team with offensive firepower and defensive prowess.  But NHL history is against them, as far as actually coming back from a 3 - 1 series deficit is concerned.  

Still, as fans, we say, Come on, Hawks!  Let's win Game 5!

Thank you for reading, and let me know what you think.

Ron Villejo, PhD

No comments:

Post a Comment